map of the soul.

by - November 06, 2020



    I used to hate the "just be yourself" words the most. I don't know why some people used that as their way of life. Is it just me who finds that it's impossible to be the "real" you? or is it because I don't know who am I? who the hell am I? they said "being yourself", I would say "which self?" How could you know which is your true self? I probably won't find an answer for my whole life. Somehow I understand that it's just simple words, yet I can't comprehend at all. Do all people living like that? 


    I discovered there are 4 souls manifested to construct ourselves. This theory came from Jung, a philosophist, and I know that theory from BTS albums. They used this theory to write their songs. We manifested 4 souls which are persona, ego, anima, and shadow. Being yourself means that you overcame those 4 aspects. And what would you expect? should we show our dark side to the public? should we remain cheered up when we were broken? Which of it the "real" you? 


    By saying to "be yourself", that just means we were degrading what self is. We are constructed with various sides. The one who you want to be, the one who people want you to be, the one that you love, the one that you create, the one that smiles, the one that cried, are breathing vividly through yourself (i'm quoting RM's lines on persona) At some point, I ever thought that saying "be yourself" is just an excuse. You, yourself, should know how to behave in every kind of situation and of course manifesting just one soul would be hard on you. 


    What I tried to point out here is, it's okay to be a bright person or everything and it's okay too, to ever feel sorrow in some situations. Your trauma, your sadness, your dreams, your happiness, are all validated. The brightest person you know maybe cried all night long before they sleep, and by knowing that, how would you say? Which is the true self? Being yourself is a simple sentence yet I can't find how to do that? I live as myself, this is my self, the persona I show to the public, the shadow that I overcame with, those are myself. And what so pity about that?


Rather than "being yourself", I would choose "love yourself" instead. 



 


notes: apparently, bts new album is rumored to be "be yourself" agenda. i deadass don't know where they would go with that like dude??? i discovered map of the soul from you??? but okay I'll try to listen to what they wanna say. i hope they shared the same thought as me, or can they re-defining what's the meaning of "be yourself" that i can accept? they have many songs that got me survived the hell i live, i hope their new album would be like that too. 

 

You May Also Like

0 komentar